Bird Control Solar Panel Proofing
GoKill Manchester Pest Control are the leading specialists that offer a variety of bird deterrents and proofing solutions to solar panel arrays, in a safe, professional approach. Providing this service to the whole of Greater Manchester for both Commercial and Residential Properties.
Solar Panel Proofing
Solar Panel Proofing
> Why choose GoKill Pest Control to install solar panel proofing?
- GoKill specialists will make an assessment of your solar panels and provide you with a free, no obligation quote with recommendations to most effective solutions to proofing your solar panels.
- We provide a 10 year guarantee for the products we use.
- Our methods of installation will not invalidate your own solar panel warranty.
- We install proofing in methods that require no drilling and screwing, thus prevents any damage.
- We install proofing using clips which prevent any scratching to your panels.
- All proofing installed can be easily removed to allow access to your panels and roof for any servicing.
- All installation is professionally installed by our highly qualified technicians in a seamless approach, that is virtually invisible from the ground.
Get professional help today, contact us to book a visit
> What are the benefits to solar panel proofing?
GoKill recommends the following benefits:
- Proofing deters birds from damaging wiring, panel surfaces and components.
- Proofing deters birds from nesting, bringing debris, rodents and noise, and leaving droppings all over the solar panels and roofing.
- Saves on overall time and maintenance costs once proofing is installed.
> Why are pests attracted to solar panels?
Solar panelling has been developed to be a renewable technology that can be an effective way to save on electric bills. Therefore, with many commercial and residential properties installing solar panels to reduce cost, in turn we have seen an unexpected increase in maintenance costs due to installations giving new opportunities for nesting birds.
These dark photovoltaic solar panels situated on roofs are designed to attract light which radiates heat. Therefore, these installations are beneficial to pigeons and other nesting birds, as they provide shelter, protection and warmth which are idyllic conditions for nesting or roosting. The reason why the solar panels require proofing, is to deter such birds and other rodents from becoming residents under the panels. Most birds, especially pigeons establish their nests under such panels and in doing so they bring debris, rodents and noise, inclusive of fouling and leaving behind excrement on the installations. Combining such factors, this results in costly maintenance repairs to wiring, panel surfaces and components.
> Why are nesting birds and other pests a problem for solar panels?
- Pigeons, gulls, jackdaws, squirrels and other nesting birds all have potential to damage any cabling and wiring surrounding the photovoltaic panels.
- They can also damage the photovoltaic panels themselves.
- They leave their droppings, or excrement on the photovoltaic panels and surrounding areas which is corrosive and will quickly create a lot of damage.
- Feathers, debris and other nesting materials can probe into the panels and reduce the effectiveness and output efficiency provided from your solar panels.
- Many nesting birds, especially pigeons have potential to cause health hazards as they are carrier of pathogens. Such pathogens cause diseases such as salmonellosis, psittacosis (ornithosis) and fowl pest.
- Collectively, any birds or rodents nesting on your roof or under solar panels will create a lot of noise and this will be a nuisance to anyone living in the premises.
> What pests can cause damage to solar panels?
Pigeons, gulls, jackdaws and squirrels are the predominant pests, however other birds can nest under your solar panels.
> What are the methods for protecting and proofing your solar panels?
Bird proofing your solar panels can be done in a variety of ways. Our GoKill specialists will make an assessment and discuss with you the methods which are best suited to your problem. The predominant and most effective way of protecting your solar panels is by using the approach which installs meshing. Such solar panel meshing proofing products will not cause any damage to your pre-existing panels and will overall protect your panels from every type of pest.
> Do you provide a service for a solar panel infestation at all hours?
Yes, GoKill Manchester Pest Control offers a service which provides highly, trained, qualified professional technicians 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
> Who is at risk of a solar panel infestation?
Any residential and commercial properties with solar panels are at risk. By contacting GoKill Manchester Pest Control services and following our recommended before and after advise this will help to deter birds and rodents from disrupting your premises.